As with any furniture purchase you should step back and look at the
space you want to fill. Begin by thinking of what you’ll need.
Is it for dining, or just lounging? Deciding what you’ll use
the space for will help you begin to figure out what you’ll
2. Imagine what you want to space to look like. Do you want a seating
area that you can have a lot of people in conversing? Or do you want
a place you can be alone and read in? Knowing how you want the area
to look will also help you figure out what to get and how much!
3. When you’re ready to start looking at patio furniture look
at warrenties, and care instructions. Make sure the furniture is durable
and the parts are easy to replace. Decide what works for you as far
as the amount of maintenance needed.
4. You need to be aware that materials convey styles and eras. Wrought
iron is thought of as Victorian, wicker is romantic and wood feels
rustic and warm. Decide what style you want to convey!
5. Make sure fabrics are water resistant and plan to retreat these
annually. Also, check that hardware and brass are galvanized and stain
6. Shop with a budget in mind, but look for value over price.
7. Look for bargains in floor models, pieces with minor scratches
or discontinued styles. You might be able to find sets that are missing
a cushion, for example, and you can get a deal on that.
8. Before you buy it try it out! Make sure you like the styles you
choose and that you are comfortable in them. Be sure you know return